1. Provision for young people in rural areas, and preparing for a European Rural Youth Parliament
This theme was led by ERCA through the Village Action Association of Finland SYTY and the Latvian Rural Forum LRF, Project Managers were Kim Smedslund of SYTY and Anita Selicka of LRF. The work involved 88 participants from 19 countries: Albania, Armenia, Austria, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Moldova, Norway, Switzerland, Slovenia, Ukraine, England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland.
The main activities were:
- conducting surveys to gather ideas and case studies related to the needs of young people in rural areas, and how these needs may be met
- building a network of young people and their organisations in rural areas within the framework of the European Rural Parliament
- organising the first European Rural Youth Parliament
- making the youth thematic activities an on-going part of the ERP process.
The two lead organisations established a good cooperation with other European youth-organisations – MJARC and 4H. And together they successfully ran the first European Rural Youth Parliament in Latvia on August 11, 2017, and will continue to work with the ERP.
Conclusions identified concerns and needs of rural youth and proposals for addressing these, also future youth involvement in the European Rural Parliament. Results were presented to plenary and a thematic workshop at the 3rd ERP in October 2017.
For further information please contact:
There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may have articles.